Welcome to The Alexandra Worthing.
At The Alexandra we are proud of our pub and we welcome all customers old and new with open arms. We ensure that all our customers enjoy their time with us at The Alexandra and that they receive the very best in service, quality of food, drink and great entertainment. We want The Alexandra to be a real home from home.
On Saturday nights, we offer a wide selection of live music from local bands and tribute acts. Check out what's coming up here.
DRINKS AT THE ALEXANDRA
Great selection of real ales and draft lagers always available. We also have a great range of speciality gins. Check out our drinks page.
ALEXANDRA GOLF SOCIETY
The Alexandra Pub Golf Society play on the first Saturday of each month. Non-members can play as invited guests. If you would like to join or would like further information , contact email@example.com. .
- All day, Pint and a Burger £6.00
- Spin the wheel with a cash prize
- Loads more prizes to win
- Meat raffle 9.00pm
- Bar Billiards
- 31st August – 8pm – The Legendary Terry Carvey
- All day till closing time – Prosecco £12.00 a bottle
- 1st Sept – 9pm – Nicky Elvis Hart
- Sunday lunch from 12-5pm
The Alexandra has been many things in its past; hotel, hostelry and of course a community pub. The building dates from around c1830. The Alexandra closed on 16th May 2015 for a major refit when the internal layout of the pub was changed. The Alexandra re-opened her doors again on 20th June 2015. LANDLORD HISTORY
- 1871 – William Howard
- 1874 – William Howard (Alexandra Tavern)
- 1878 – Sarah Howard (Alexandra Tavern)
- 1886 – Thomas J Martin
- 1891 – William Cole (Alexandra Hotel)
- 1901 – William J Cole
- 1905 – Horace William Symonds
- 1927 – E J Blake
- 1931 – Mrs Blake
- 1980 – Steve Williams
- 1985 – Margaret Benn
- 1990’s – Bill Argent
- 2009 – John Cooper
- 2015 – Chris Faulkner
- 2016 – Darren Tovey-Yeoumans.